Additional ER_CMD's

This is a technical discussion area for easy Radio products.

Moderators: radiomadeeasy, WirelessMike

Additional ER_CMD's

Postby Docwyatt » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:15 am

I have been studying the various releases of the easyRadio Companion software from LPRS, and have noticed commands that have disappeared from later versions - such as those used to set the encryption values (not the on/off value, but why I suspect is the "key"), and DCS group settings.

Is this intentional, because the functionality is no longer there, or an over sight?

Like wise, are there other commands that are undocumented that are available (like retrieving the serial number of the eR module), etc?
Docwyatt

Re: Additional ER_CMD's

Postby Antman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:28 pm

The companion software is constantly being adapted for newer easyRadio wireless modules and some of the older settings like the advanced tab etc. have not been incorporated.

We do hope to add these features back in at a later date.
Antman
Administrator

Postby Docwyatt » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:15 am

Ok - I hope so, because the encryption and DCS settings was one of the reasons I selected the EasyRadio product originally. I hoped to offload some of the encryption onto the ER unit, and use the DCS also.

I sniffed out the serial number commands from the com port using the ER Companion. (L406, L407, L408)

I was trying to find out if you could pull out gain values (if there are any) for example. RSSI with gain from the last signal source was what I was trying to establish.

Looking at the nomenclature for the commands... P = Power... I assumed the L was location, like an address location.
Docwyatt

Postby Antman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:39 am

These features will be added to the latest companion software. It was more to do with adding the new products and improving the companion software.

We will add the DCS and encryption sections as it applies not only to the 02 range but also our narrowband ERA modules.

We appreciate your patience.
Antman
Administrator

Return to easyRadio