Connect2Pi IX module not recognised

This is a technical discussion area for easy Radio products.

Moderators: radiomadeeasy, WirelessMike

Connect2Pi IX module not recognised

Postby fallen87 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:10 am

Hello all,
i have 2 Connect2Pi IX devices and i try to make them communicate with "EasyRadio Companion 3.18".
I do the following steps:
1) select the appropriate device;
2) select module: ERX00TRS-02;
3) read module. There i obtain "ERA900TRS V3.6.27 ...." for one device, while for the second i have " " (blank) value.
4) send commands: ER_CMD#U3, ER_CMD#P9, ER_CMD#C3, ER_CMD#H1, ER_CMD#T0, ER_CMD#T0
5) go to communications test and i can send but i can't receive anything on the other device.
Could you please help me?
I use Win7 home pro 64 bit and Win7 Pro 32 bit.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
FS
fallen87

Re: Connect2Pi IX module not recognised

Postby Antman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:15 pm

HI,

When using companion software 3.18 you select the ERA modules tab, however this wont effect the issue you see as it stills works in the same way. The only difference is that the ERA modules have more features which are only available from the ERA Tab. I'm just letting you know it is an ERA module that is soldered onto those CONNECT2Pi boards.

Have you ever had communications with the non-functioning module . Did it ever work?

If it has worked before try changing the RS232 comm baud rate from within the easyRadio companion program.

Let me know how you get on.

Rich
Antman
Administrator

Postby fallen87 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:25 pm

i've selected ERA Modules, but the behavior is the same.
The devices are new and it's the first time i try to make them communicate.
If i use program like "Putty" with the settings 9200 8N1, when i write to the terminal the green led turns on but i can see nothing on the screen.
Are there other ways to make a working communication?
Thanks
fallen87

Postby fallen87 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Problem solved. I've flashed the firmware via the integrated easyRadio tool and now the devices communicate.
Many thanks.
Regards,
Francesco
fallen87

Postby Antman » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Well done.

Something must have changed within the module's settings. All ERA modules are rigorously tested before dispatch so it should have been working. Great that they are both now talking together, however please remember to use the "eRA Modules" tab in the companion software when using the ER commands to change channels etc. Some features are available on eRA modules but not on 02 or the eRIC range.

Thanks
Rich
Antman
Administrator

Return to easyRadio