ER900TRS-2 to eRIC

This is a technical discussion area for easy Radio products.

Moderators: radiomadeeasy, WirelessMike

ER900TRS-2 to eRIC

Postby cehel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 am

Hello,

I have to replace the ER900TRS-2 modules with eRIC.
The ER900TRS have handshake pins and RSSI Output. These pins are used for communication with a µC. The eRIC datasheet say that pins 1-7 are compatible to ERAxx modules, so I thougth it should be easy to change to eRIC modules but the BUSY and CARRIER DETECT pins do not work. How can I get these function with eRIC?

On my eval-board are eRIc modules with firmware version 1.2. I have also a single module with firmware 1.0. What is the newest version an where can i get it?

regards
Christiane
cehel

Re: ER900TRS-2 to eRIC

Postby radiomadeeasy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:58 am

Please note contact was made directly with the technical team and the conversation will be posted here shortly.
radiomadeeasy
radiomadeeasy
Administrator

Re: ER900TRS-2 to eRIC

Postby Antman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi Christiane,

The eRIC SoC transceiver has some of the same pin connections as the ERA module. However as eRIC has a much faster over air data rate of up to 500kbps the handshaking feature has not yet been implemented. The eRIC transceiver is a very versatile transceiver with 16k available memory for the user's own software, and it is possible for the user to write their own form of handshaking if required. However if you probably need a solution quickly I would recommend looking at the ERA900TRS module. This module has the handshaking feature and we have just attained an FCC ID number for the ERA900TRS-FCC version which should be available in full production 4th quarter of 2013. The main difference for the FCC version is the addition of a UFL socket and the thinner gold can.

regards

Rich
Antman
Administrator

Return to easyRadio